Sunday, January 24, 2010

Disclaimer for Blog in Emergent Lit.


This semester I am doing 2 Sexson lit. blogs-- one for this class and then another for Capstone (the theme is Epiphanies in that class). While this prospect sounds very exciting it also sounds EXTREMELY fatiguing to my graduating-senior mind! I tend to write very long, involved blogs that take quite a bit of time and devotion to compose. However, I don't know if I can manage to keep up on doing two, super-involved blogs for two classes. This blog will be more of quick thoughts, brief postings, and things of that nature while I've designated my capstone blog as the space allotted for deeper ruminations. Some of my blogs may come on the same day as one another in order to play "catch up" but I will try and avoid that because it can mean that the updates will get buried beneath each other.

At times the themes of each class blog will overlap (even more than each classes focus on Toilest's "Four Quartets"). Please note that this does not mean this blog will be fluff. It will retain much of the high standards of discourse that students in Sexson classes expect (perhaps some of you will enjoy it even more for it's lack of "stuffy academic" tone). Anyway reader, I hope that you will cut me some slack and allow me a lot of room for play in this blog... that is probably the best purpose of the blog anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment