Monday, April 19, 2010

Being Busy & Being Ok w/ Being Busy

Well, it looks like it's going to be another glorious day outside and I have the feeling that I'm going to be inside writing my papers/ preparing for group projects! Ugh. I'm excited to get my paper done so I can move on to other papers/projects and get back to some of the personal reading that I'm doing and, eventually, get out to ride my bike before the weather takes another turn for the worse. By the way, this brings up two good questions I have-- Do we have a final in this class? and What is the schedule for presenting papers? I'm not going to be able to go on Friday of this week because I'm going to be out of town visiting my girlfriend's parents.

On another note I'm extremely excited for the English Dept. reception in the Habit restaurant this Thursday! After 4 long years of taking classes from the English Dept. and having had classes from so many of the professors it will be great to have some sort of appropriate send-off. I know that Justin will be there as he said on his blog but I hope to see many more of you there also. I'm not sure about the dress... Formal? Casual? Togas?

I guess this blog basically comes to this point-- while I am extremely excited to be finishing up school soon I know that in the fall I will really miss coming back and seeing many of you in classes. I've had a great run of things at MSU and the English Dept. has treated me wonderfully (except all the problems with the writing minor. Get that fixed English Dept.) and I don't believe that I would have enjoyed my time more anywhere else. Of course I have regrets about things done and things left undone-- going to NCUR this year for example. I wish I had put a paper together to present but, alas, time was just terrible in the fall and I wasted some of the time I had this last summer.

So, with two weeks left before finals week, or, for an English major, the "real" dead-week, let's all remember that college is a great place where things are pretty enjoyable. Even though at times being busy with papers and projects seems like a hell of a lot for us to be paying for we should appreciate the opportunity to be involved in an academic community of our peers, the likes of which many others around the world would love to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment