Monday, April 5, 2010

Paper Thesis

I believe that I've already come up with my paper topic for the class. I'm actually going to deal with a book that was not assigned for the class but most definitely deals with many of the themes-- most specifically 'life as fiction'. The book is If on a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino. Any of you who have been in class with me before know that this book is one of my favorites. I consistently blog about it and probably have mentioned it without illuminating too much to the point of annoyance. Well prepare to be informed!

At this point (early on) I'm mostly just planning on dealing with the work through the lens of this class and the various themes we've talked about. I would really enjoy putting special privilege on the theme of 'life as fiction' and rouse an appreciation of the topic by deploying some interesting style in my piece. I have a really intriguing way of writing my paper in mind so keep an eye out for that when I present my piece... you should catch it.

Also I have a pretty good plan in place for the performance of my presentation. Any of you who have read the book will get my approach right away and should appreciate how I'm treating it. It should be a solid effort and I'm looking forward to hammering away on it this weekend. Look out for it. It's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment