Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fantastic Children's Movie


The other day I watched the children's animation film "Fantastic Mr. Fox" directed by Wes Anderson. Before I begin let me say that I love "The Royal Tennenbaums" and really enjoyed "The Darjelling Limited", "Bottle Rocket", and "The Life Aquatic" although I do have an interesting paper topic in mind about how Anderson's scripts portray minorities (God I'm a nerd). Anyway, to the movie "Fantastic Mr. Fox". I felt that Anderson's style of film making really made an interesting movie. Also, the voices used for the characters was fantastic. George Clooney as Mr. Fox was perfect as well as the rest of the cast. Also, the music was great.

I don't know if you would call "Fantastic Mr. Fox" a highbrow film or not. I guess that calls into question whether the rest of Anderson's films are highbrow. The film was definitely quirky and witty which gives it some points towards being highbrow. I guess I would settle on the film being middle-brow or even highish-brow... especially by today's standards. For any of the rest of you who have seen the film I would be curious to hear what your opinion on the matter is.

On a final note Wes Anderson appears on the list of "Stuff that White People Like". For those of you who are white and aren't particularly offended by race humor (although white people like being offended) check out the list and see how many of the things that you like. If you're not white check out the list to find out how to impress your white friends and potentially get help when moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment